Store Chemicals? Here’s what you NEED to know.
Under federal and State regulations (EPCRA or Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act), your facility may be required to report on hazardous chemicals you store onsite.
Use the flowchart below to determine if you have to report.
Filing a Tier II Report for 2017? Here are some changes you need to know about:
- File your ANNUAL Report between January 1st and March 1st
- Have your Facility Numbers ready
- CN - Customer Number
- RN - Regulated Entity Number
- TXT2 - Tier II program ID number
- All three numbers are REQUIRED this year
- Use e-Permits/STEERS to obtain new CN, RN or TXT2 number for reporting
- Chemical hazard classes have ALL changed this year
- Align with Global Harmonized Standards (GHS)
- Reassign hazard class for EVERY chemical - even if you import your data from the prior year, none of the hazard classes will import so you have to select new hazard classes
- NAICS codes were updated in 2017
- Some codes have changed (Oil & Gas)
- If you enter the wrong NAICS code the system will alert you
- Find new NAICS Codes here
- How do I SUBMIT my Tier II Report
- Due to Hurricane Harvey, TCEQ delayed rollout of the new Tier II online reporting system
- Submit reports using the most current Tier2Submit Software
- TCEQ’s Tier II website is REVAMPED – type in TexasTier2.org (or .com)
- Am I Regulated
- Reporting Steps
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Request Reports and Records
- Local Emergency Planning Committees and Fire Department Lists
Give us a call at (512) 301-1451 and we’ll be happy to assist in answering your questions.